Friday, December 4, 2009

Statement of Purpose




My art object, Ouranos, is a very interesting art object. It brings up a lot of interesting thoughts when looked through a rhetorical lens. There are many different ways one can approach this comic and analyze the true meaning of this comic. I think that the argument that is trying to be made here is that it is ok to be imperfect; in fact imperfection is normal and better than perfection.

I think the main thing to solidify this argument would have to be the context of where this object is located, and the audience that is here to look at the art related object. The location of this object is in a perfect place for the creator to get his argument across. The college setting is a great place to talk about imperfection. The audience will be able to relate, because we as people are imperfect. I think that this object being outside and right by a path also helps the argument. You will get college students, and people walking into campus, walking on this path every day. You are definitely maximizing the expose of the art object.

The object also looks like it is on a hill, so it is brought up higher, almost on a pedestal to once again maximize the expose. I think there are a lot of positive and negative things that can come from my word project. I think one the more difficult things to be able to get across is how I see the object. Since the object is very abstract and very deformed, it is hard to get across your argument and the way you view the object to your audience. I think if I supply enough photographs, and solid examples through research, I would be able to help cement my argument, and help get it across to my audience.

I think probably the most positive outcome I could get from this project is a lasting impact on my audience. In the world we live in today we are all hyped up to be this perfect mold of a person. We are almost brainwashed through the media to look a certain way. Perfection is a word that is thrown out all the time. If I can get the argument across to my audience maybe I can change the way they view themselves and enrich their lives. I think that I could let my audience know that it’s ok to be imperfect. I could let them know that their imperfections are normal, and you shouldn’t strive for these perfections that are absolutely impossible.

As you can see this art object has a very solid argument that it is trying to get across to its viewers. I think that it is an important message that we should live by day to day. If I can keep heading in this direction and take into consideration my audience, and I can help them relate to the message, then I could get a solid grade, and help someone learn an important message. If I can get my audience to think that they are ok the way they are then I have done my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment