Friday, October 2, 2009

WP1: Statement of Purpose


As a writer there are a lot of things I must do to achieve a solid statement of purpose. There are a lot of responsibilities one has to their audience. I also must consider the context and state of mind someone might be reading my piece. There are a lot of situations I need to take into consideration, such as what good and what bad can come out of my statement of purpose. After I have taken all this into consideration, I have to decide to make my statement of purpose as following. I think the picture is trying to depict one of happiness in and otherwise troubling time and I want my audience to feel the same way.
As a writer I have many responsibilities I must fulfill. I need to leave some things up for debate. I can’t treat the audiences like inferior beings. I think I can do a good job with this considering my statement of purpose. I think that my statement is highly debatable and I will make sure to state that there are multiple angles one can view this from. When thinking of my audience I want to make sure that they can relate to what I am talking about. Since my photo has people fishing, it will also appeal to people who like to fish.
That’s why am talking about war and chaos, and separating one’s self from such situations. I think we can all relate to this. War is a troubling time and takes a toll on all that who is involved. I want to state that the boys are separating themselves from all the chaos that is going on in the U.S. and overseas. They want to get away from all the hustle and bustle and just relax. There are many times in our own life that we all want to do the same. I think in this case I can defiantly relate to my audience not matter who they are.
In terms of context, I think that most people will be reading this in the comfort of their own living quarters or in a computer lab. I think this definitely works to my advantage. They are already in a comfortable spot and in a relaxed area. I think at that point in time they can think about how they are getting away from their own troubles and turmoil’s, while they are reading my writing.
There are many good things that can come from this statement of purpose and my final draft of my project. Besides the fact that I can get an A on the project, I can also enrich the rest of my pieces of writing throughout college. I can learn a lot about the writing process and rhetoric process. I can also make someone think and enjoy my writing. I can also get some satisfaction from creating a solid piece of writing.
I have also taken into consideration all the things that could possible go wrong with my statement of purpose. If I do a bad job then I could get an F on the project. Also because my photo deals with war, it can bring up a painful time in someone’s life. There are a lot of people who have family who have fought in wars so bringing up something such as war can be very painful.
In the end I think I have a solid grasp on my statement of purpose. I fully understand all the responsibilities that I have to have for my audience. I understand what can go wrong, and also all the things that can go right with my statement of purpose. In the end I think I have formulated a solid statement of purpose that will aid me with my project.

No comments:

Post a Comment