Sunday, September 27, 2009

Pre writting assignment 2


My photograph has a good amount of technical aspects to it. First of all I would like to talk about the placement of the two boys. They are not necessary like the middle of the photo. The boys are without a doubt the vocal point of the photograph. They are placed in the right corner. This makes me believe that the photographer wants you to not only notice the two boys fishing, but she also wants you to take in the beauty of the Louisiana Bayou. This arrangement differently inflicts pathos upon me. When I see the scenery, it makes me feel calm and relaxed. The vectors of attention are unique in this photograph. Both of the boys that are in the photograph are looking at the lake and focusing on fishing. It is like they have no clue that they are even being photographed.
I like the style of pictures where the people do not know that they are being photographed. I think then you can really get the true emotion and feeling of the person at that moment. I like that style and ethos and think my photo does a good job of embodying it. I also get some sort of felling of mystery with the arrangement. Since the photographer decides not to include the faces of the people being photographed, I can’t see what they look like or what kind of emotion they have at the time. This adds some sort of mystery and curiosity to the photograph in my opinion.
I and curious to what these boys look like and what kind of emotion if any they have at that certain time. This also gets me a little angry. It is frustrating that she would leave the boys actual faces out of the picture all together. My photographer does a very good job with the lighting in the picture. I like how she has the main light on the boys who are fishing. This adds to the logos of the photo with the visual higharcy. It draws my attention to the boys first because of the lighting situation. It also evokes an emotion of relaxation for me.
I like how she has the bayou and the whole picture not to incorporate that much light. The most light is on the boys themselves, and then it is relatively dark and shadowed. This makes the picture look very calm and relaxing. When I look closer at the photo, using the cropping technique I really get more attached to the people in the photo. By looking closer you can tell these boys aren’t exactly well off. They both don’t have shoes and are using what looks like a homemade fishing pole. Their close look old and worn especially their sunhats. This establishes more pathos in the photograph. You get a great deal of sympathy for the boys and wish that they could be better off. I think in the end it is clear through techniques used to analyze photographs, you find a lot of other rhetorical elements.

No comments:

Post a Comment